Mission, Vision & Values
Bristol Community College provides an accessible, innovative and inclusive education that prepares students to navigate and succeed in our ever-changing world.
Advancing a vibrant, diverse community through education, learner by learner.
We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere of professionalism, where all stakeholders can share their ideas, work together and support one another in our common goal of student success.
We openly and honestly share information that impacts our work, include stakeholders in the decision-making process and ensure a collective approach to shared goals that relies on ongoing feedback from students, faculty, staff and community members.
We commit to fostering a diverse college community that respectfully embraces and affirms individual perspectives and identities to create an environment that promotes inclusion and equity for all.
We meet the challenges of today and tomorrow by creating a culture built on creativity, ingenuity and agility, where people are empowered to continuously improve our processes and perspectives to exceed community needs and expectations.
We treat each other with kindness, assume positive intent and genuinely listen to each other to celebrate our individual differences and foster our collective strengths.
We strive to serve our students and support their growth, providing them with equitable access to all services, support and the tools necessary to achieve their personal, professional and educational goals.
Click below for downloadable Mission, Vision & Values slides:
To download the JPG image, click the link above, then right-click and select "Save image as..."
Now, more than ever, Bristol Community College needs to build a strong foundation for all students centered on equity with an emphasis on outcomes. The development of our plan during this historic time will only strengthen our institution and further solidify our role as a vital part of our region.
View our Strategic Plan 2024 page for more information about our Four Key Strategies.
Student Experience Statement
Bristol Community College strives to provide a relevant and fulfilling education characterized by a motivating student experience that will include:
- academic programs and learning experiences that promote personal growth and prepare our diverse student body for the future, with clear pathways to successful completion, transfer and employment;
- accessible and personalized supports designed to empower our students in meeting their academic and non-academic needs;
- an engaging environment which creates a sense of belonging developed through meaningful connections with faculty, staff and other students.
Bristol Community College faculty, staff and administration will promote this experience with:
- a spirit of collaboration and a commitment to empowering students to achieve their goals, through a culture of inclusion with caring faculty and staff who promote equitable outcomes for all students;
- valuable academic experiences and flexible class schedules designed to meet the needs of a diverse student body;
- innovative technology and exceptional service that enhances communication and enables student success.
More information about the Massachusetts Public Higher Education and Community College Missions can be found HERE.